Monday, December 13, 2010

Ketchup? No...catch up.

I'm 21 now. Twenty...one. And so the count begins. That's the only really significant thing that has happened to me since I last posted, but I'm continuing to make progress in all sorts of areas for school (I hope)! Oh, and excuse the poor quality of these photos...They were all taken with my cell phone except for the last one.

Drawing:
I am still not pleased with my drawings. Just being honest. I need to practice more to get better but it's so time consuming and hard to sit down whenever you know the next few HOURS are going to be dedicated to that drawing--sort of daunting. Either way, out of every 5 I get one that I'm pleased with. Here's 2 of them.




 Those are both from my figure drawing class. I'd never used color until this class before and I am still trying to get the hang of it...that and proportions. It's a slow road but I think I am making progress.

Screen printing...oh, screen printing. Towards the end of last year I'd begun making some side monies by screen printing tshirts for intramural teams. It was not the easiest job by any means, but it paid that month's rent and gave me some experience that I would not have been able to get any other way. This month I was asked to print some more--a year after I'd touched any printmaking equipment. I needed to exercise that skill so I agreed. Most of them...turned out great. Take a look:



Another shirt that I had digitally printed for my own intramural teams is here:
It was a process...A collaboration. I asked an old high school friend, Trent Williams, who does graffiti to design a logo for "WF Intramurals" and got this...





Which I thought looked great. The obstacles for getting it printed digitally? It was hand drawn on paper, it was not colored, and the "S" had to get moved.
He changed the design a little, I scanned it to the computer, colored it, and got these:



 I wish I had a picture of the completed shirts to put online, because the ended up looking awesome. Everyone was pleased with them. After getting suggestions from friends I chose the third one. Now that I have the logo digital I can whatever I want with it.




No comments:

Post a Comment