Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A few revisions_Elderly Man

 Now that I have splurged out most of my favorite photos that I took from the Dominican Republic, I may go back to some of them such as this one and finish the job. Yes, several of them have already been edited, but most of that editing was done rather quickly. Confession timee: I suck at completing work. I love getting a start to lots of things and roughing it in, but whenever it comes to finishing a piece and getting really meticulous, I fail. Here's to making an attempt to change that. Below are a few edits of an old man that I was able to capture while down there.

Black and White Vs. Color

Both have really interesting characteristics to me; their own "vibe", so to speak. And yes, each with its own flaws, as well. B&W, for instance, has a great feeling and strong emotion- the blacks and darks weigh really heavily. The color photo seems really... real. Perhaps the colors are too vivid for the mood?



Cropped.
This one is growing on me. I've applied a warm filter which does a few things. #1- it lightens the mood. It's not as spooky. #2- the highlights and shadows balance more. We're not being blinded by the glare off the face nor are we being drudged down by such dark shadows.

The framing changes things. I'm still trying to figure out how I like it.  :)













Cropped and Black and White.

This one interests me. I do love the hard contrast between the black and white which almost causes contours to develop in all the aging of the face. Features of the face tend to stand out. When I look at it, I feel more analytical. As if I am studying him. I'm not so concerned about why he is aged like so or what caused him to become that way as much as I am interested in the shapes of the face. The eye, ear, and cheek are each very crisp. The hair like white wool.













Feel free to let me know what you think of any of these via phone, facebook, or comment. I'm interested in other people's feedback!

No comments:

Post a Comment