Friday, June 25, 2010

Dominican Republic: A few more before bedtime












Most of these are self-explanatory, I think. Look at them long enough and you should understand what I mean.
But, I'll take a moment to explain the middle picture in my previous post. The young man holding the "baseball" became a good friend of mine in a village. He and his friend taught me a game called "top", a very fitting name, I think, considering you used a stick for a bat and a baseball which comes from a lid that is popped off the top of a water jug. It is pitched in a way that you'd throw a frisbee (seen in the picture below). If the top is stopped before it quits rolling across the ground, the batter is "out", but if the top falls over and stops rolling, the batter gets a point.

No comments:

Post a Comment